For the purposes of this document, the terms Client, Owner, Pet Owner, and Customer are synonymous with the person contracting services for one or more domestic animals.
• Proof of vaccination is required
• Please note The Control Of Dogs Order 1992 mandates that any dog in a public place must wear a collar with the name and address of the owner engraved or written on a tag, whether the dog is chipped or not.
• While in the care of The Purrfect Pet Sitter, dogs will be tagged with the contact name and the number of The Purrfect Pet Sitter. Your dog(s) may also be given a GPS tag to wear in case of escape or getting lost.
• The Purrfect Pet Sitter is not a vet nurse. We have had experience in administering medication, and if the customer wishes The Purrfect Pet Sitter to administer medication to their pet we will do so, but are not liable if something does go wrong, or the pet has a reaction to the medication.
• We cannot accept bookings for badly behaved or aggressive animals. The Purrfect Pet Sitter may terminate an engagement immediately if it is reasonably thought that a Pet badly behaves or is aggressive either towards humans, animals, or property. You will be liable if your pet injures a third party, any property, or any other dog.
• The Owner agrees that their happy for their dog(s) to stay in the Pet Sitters home with the resident animals, and that their dog(s) are dog friendly and not reactive to other dogs.
• You must ensure that your Pet is in good health and free from fleas and is adequately wormed. If The Purrfect Pet Sitter believes that your Pet is not in good health we reserve the right to seek veterinary advice on your behalf and you will be liable for the veterinary fees.
• If it becomes necessary, your animal will be taken to a veterinary surgeon. You are responsible for any fees that are reasonably incurred during your absence or during the course of an assignment.
• All efforts will be made to contact the owner in the event of an emergency. We recommend owners provide us with a contact number of a trusted 3rd party should we be unable to make contact. However, we reserve the right to make decisions regarding your dog’s health provided it is at all times acting in the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon. The owner is responsible for the payment of any veterinary fees incurred by us.
• Owner accepts full liability for any loss or damage caused by the dog whilst in the care of The Purrfect Pet Sitter and the owner is financially responsible for any loss or damage to property unless damage is caused by the negligent act of the company
• Unpaid service may be cancelled without notice, including prior to or during the service period.
• Payment is required before the booked service takes place and must include any additional fees or charges. The client understands this contract and takes responsibility for the prompt payment of fees. Client authorises this signed contract to be valid approval for future services of any purpose provided by this contract permitting The Purrfect Pet Sitter, to accept telephone, online, mail or email reservations for service and enter premises without any additional signed contracts or written authorisation.
• Cancellation Charge Schedule – Home Visits/Pet Sitting:
0 -24 hours prior to any service, and/or Holidays: Payment is required in full.
24-48 hours prior to any service, and/or holidays: 50% due
3 days or more prior to service or more: No charge, refund in full.
• Home Boarding Bookings
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. The balance of the full holiday cost is prior to your pet’s holiday start date. If the balance is not received by the due date we reserve the right to cancel your booking and apply the cancellation charges as detailed below.
• Cancellation Charge Schedule – Home Boarding:
Cancellations must always be made in writing and are applicable only on the day received by us.
If in unfortunate circumstances you have to cancel your booking at any stage your deposit paid will be lost.
Any refunds will be made by bank transfer and in pounds Sterling.
• The terms of this document apply to all the pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the owner designates for service.
• The Purrfect Pet Sitter is not liable for any loss or damage in the event of a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract. Pet Owner agrees to secure the home prior to leaving the premises. The Purrfect Pet Sitter will re-secure the home to the best of its ability at the end of each visit. While keys are in the possession of The Purrfect Pet Sitter, they will be either on their physical person or be properly stored in an undisclosed location.
• Pet Owner is responsible for the pet-proofing of the house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches. The Purrfect Pet Sitter will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
• Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for the care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fit harness (halter, collar, etc … ) for walks or in case of emergencies, a lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medicines, pet food, and cat litter. Pet Owner authorises any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items and will reimburse The Purrfect Pet Sitter within 14 days for all purchases made.
• Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a member of staff, or any other persons, by the Pet. The customer also agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend The Purrfect Pet Sitter, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
• The Purrfect Pet Sitter reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time if a member of staff; in his/her sole discretion determines that Owner’s pet poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, or a member of staff.
• The Purrfect Pet Sitter agrees to provide services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring, and trustworthy manner.
• Client agrees to notify The Purrfect Pet Sitter of any concerns within 24 hours of return.
• Client understands that this contract is for the services stated only and will not include any training. If we do offer training this will be to help us control the animal so either person or animal gets hurt.
• This agreement is valid from the date signed and replaces any prior Legal Considerations agreements.
Client agrees to any future The Purrfect Pet Sitter term changes relayed verbally to the client, mailed or emailed in writing to the client, or posted on our website.
• The owner states that he/she has read this agreement in its entirety and fully understands and accepts its terms and conditions.
• The Purrfect Pet Sitter respects your privacy. We will only collect, store and use your personal information for defined purposes. We use your information to support and enhance our relationship with you, for example, to process the services you require and provide support. We do not sell your personal information. We only share your personal data with your consent, as required by law. At any time you may contact us with any privacy questions or concerns you may have. You also may ask at any time to see the personal data you have given us and request correction or deletion.
Updated: 17th April 23